Peabody, Massachusetts · Information Technology
$85,000 - $125,000 ( - Yearly)
This is a great small and growing company in the Boston Massachusetts area who recognizes their people, and rewards them for their success. This is a high growth position for high energy engineers who really enjoy their work.
This job comes with a generous salary, fantastic career growth and company stock
As our Firmware/Software Engineer you will be responsible for the design, development and testing of new hardware-centric software from initial concept, to subsystem integration, through full system deployment. You will enjoy incorporating an array of microprocessors and sensors, combining the firmware capabilities of these devices with larger software systems to create full RF control. You will work closely with Digital Designers, RF Systems Engineering teams and the Product Marketing Manager to enable features and functions which meet the product requirements. You will be responsible for requirements decomposition, analysis, software architecture, RF test software support, and implementation/testing of the final products.
We are a fast growing company developing cutting edge wireless communication systems based on our highly advanced phased array antenna technologies. Located on Boston’s North Shore, you wont find a better location. We are deploying this technology across a variety of land, sea and air platforms for point to point and satellite communications in virtually every frequency range. Our team solves our countries most difficult problems and our products have a high impact for our nation and its customers. Our technologies are often the only answer for reliable operation in harsh environments to bring internet access for people and things globally. We recognize our people, and reward their success.
1. Minimum of 5 years hands on experience specifying, designing, implementing, and testing real-time microcontroller software used in communication systems (M-Cortex ARM, PIC, multi-core embedded, etc.)
2. Minimum of BS. (MS preferred) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
3. Experience reading schematics and diagnosing PCB level signaling code is strongly desired.
4. Ability to interface with RF Test and Design Teams to understand usage of steering algorithms, RF test needs, calibration, and RF link under control.
5. Strong background in mathematics with a focus on Fourier transform use, linear algebra, signal processing, and control theory.
6. Strong ability to code in C/C++.
7. Background in Linux-based systems.
1. Machine learning background for use in device calibration and characterization.
2. Experience with NI LabView for design of test software to support RF team.
3. Background in Python, Java, and MATLAB.
4. Software systems for manufacturing deployment.
5. Ability to obtain a TS Security Clearance.