Location: Burlington, MA
- Compensation includes Competitive Salary in the $100,000 range and Profit Sharing
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs (401K with Company Match)
- This is a direct hire role.
Our client has a need for an experienced person to perform IBM iSeries (AS400) administration. This is responsible for working with the Datacenter Team to manage the IBM ISeries and open systems servers. You will also be responsible for all aspects of the IBM ISeries server environment, including design, deployment, management, monitoring, automating, documenting, and problem-solving.
- System installs, PTF deployment, software installation, and configuration.
- Monitor and Manage replication with ITera HA
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes.
- Review system and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs, such as backups.
- Execute performance analysis and system tuning for optimum performance.
- Provide 3rd level support for all technical issues.
- Aid in the support of Windows and Linux systems as needed.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- 5+ years supporting IBM ISeries / AS400 in a large, enterprise environment
- Knowledge of Windows servers or Active Directory
- Knowledge of Linux
- Basic CL programming knowledge
- Experience with Vision Solution ITera
- Experience with VMware