- Salary, Bonus, Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs.
- Local candidates preferred. Client will consider a non-local candidate only if they have very strong ties to the position location and are committed to moving.
- This is direct hire role.
Location: Natick, MA
This MySQL DBA Position Involves the Following Responsibilities:
- Participate in database design and architecture to support application development projects
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for database modifications
- Develop best practices for database design and development activities
- Research and recommend application/database products, hardware and software in support of development efforts
- Diagnose and resolve application and database access and performance issues
- Develop and maintain views, functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development
- Identify and contribute to performance tuning of key queries
- Analyze trends in key database metrics and provide solutions as necessary
- Ensure database performance meets the needs of the business
- Contribute to the maintenance and support of data setup/teardown for our testing infrastructure
- Suggest development and testing tools to help with maintaining well performing systems
- Perform space management and capacity planning for database systems
- Ensure back-up and archival processes meet the needs of the business
- Monitor and analyze databases to achieve optimum performance and high availability
- Coordinate and support upgrades to existing databases
- Provide training on query development best practices and query tuning from both an application coding and database perspective
- Provide rotating on call support in a 24 x 7 production environment
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- 3+ years experience with MySQL database administration
- Experience with MySQL rel. 5.5 or later
- Experience with software application server variables
- Knowledge of stored procedure writing, query optimization, and indexes
- Knowledge of database performance tuning techniques
- Experience working in Linux / Unix operating system environments
- Experience with scripting and automation
- Experience with best practices around database operations
- Knowledge of principles of database design
email us directly to: resumes@GreatBayStaffing.com