Location: Hornell, NY
- Salary in the $75,000 range
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs etc.
- This is direct hire role
Our client prefers someone on a direct hire, permanent basis, but will consider contract for a duration of 13 weeks or greater.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- MS/DPT in Physical Therapy
- NYS Physical Therapy license in good standing.
- Physical Therapist performs a complete initial evaluation on receipt of the referral. Evaluates patient; develops and implements rehabilitative treatment program; documents and communicates results and recommendations.
- Recommends additional consult as appropriate (e.g. occupational therapy, speech consult, orthotic/prosthetic) and document such in the patient chart.
- Physical Therapist develops and implements treatment plan including appropriate short and long-term goals and methods to achieve identified goals. Involves patient's family and staff in the implementation of a treatment program. Treats patients using exercise modalities, manual techniques and all other skills/methods available within the respective therapist's training and the physical therapy scope of practice.
- Reevaluates patient's functional status progressively, to ensure that the treatment program goals are appropriate to the patient's current needs; gradually advances the patient toward maximal performance and functional independence. Adjust treatment plan and goals accordingly.
- Physical Therapist maintains complete documentation of patient's evaluation, treatment, progress and discharge status-formal discharge summary when a patient is seen 10 or more times and necessary Medicare forms.
- Actively participates in rehabilitation team efforts to meet patient's needs, including, but not limited to counseling and teaching patients and their families, discussing changes and treatment programs with physicians, coordinating healthcare plans with other involved health professions, e.g. fellow rehabilitation staff, nurses, social workers, prosthetics and others and assist in discharge planning as appropriate.
- Physical Therapist carries out routine operational functions including supervision of physical therapy aides. Provides in-services to fellow rehab staff, nursing staff including CNA's and others at department in-services.
- Participates in continuing education programs within as well as outside the hospital.