Location: Shelton, CT
- Contract - Start date ASAP
- Duration - 6 - 12 Months with possible extension
- Rate - $65 W2
- No remote
What we need your help with:
- Work closely with platform architect, product managers, UI/UX designers, business analyst and developers to design and implement software solutions.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Develop features across multiple subsystems within our applications, including collaboration in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing and deployment.
- Provide engineering support when building, deploying, configuring and supporting systems for customers.
- Participate with the engineering and operations teams to define plans for standardizing, scaling and enhancing our products and the services utilized to deploy/install/release those products.
- Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analyses, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Follow necessary high-level plans to accomplish engineering and organizational mission.
- Support and develop software engineers/developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Analyze in-depth product design and implementations to identify areas of improvement.
- Define, implement, coordinate, and maintain application support standards, processes
- Capable and confident in delegating any responsibilities and leveraging all team members to their fullest potential while keeping track of the status to make sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- Align with and drive continuous development of DMGI initiatives by connecting with other development groups within DMGI portfolios to share knowledge and best practices.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Proficient in one or more following programming skills: .NET (VB, C#), Java, SQL (PLSQL, TSQL, etc), C/C++, Windows PowerShell, and Linux/UNIX shell scripts.
- Strong comprehension of concepts/frameworks: OOP/OOAD, SOA, RUP, MVC/MVVM, Web/REST API, ORM, Responsive UI, PHP FIG, Software/Solution Architecture, Software Workflow and Diagrams, Multi-tiered Applications, Client-Server, and RAD.
- Technology stack: LEAN, MEAN, LAMP, WAMP, and .NET.
- Version Control System: GIT, SVN, and TFS.
- Development methodology: Agile and Scrum.
- Database technologies: MSSQL, MySQL, PostGres, RIAK, MongoDB, and Oracle.
- Operating systems: Microsoft Windows, Linux, and UNIX.
- Web servers: Microsoft IIS 7+, Apache, and TOMCAT.
You can email us directly to: resumes at GreatBayStaffing.com