About the Client:
Our client company is 15 years old with 160 folks building high tech cutting edge products that are in high demand for intel, DOD & commercial customers. This is a casual culture, bring dog to work kind of place, team environment, ideas thrive, chance to make a difference and be heard. This position requiresTS/SCI eligibility with polygraph .
- $135,000 + bonus
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs.
- Local candidates preferred.
- Client will consider a non-local candidate only if they have very strong ties to the position location and are committed to moving.
- This is direct hire role.
Location: Herndon VA
This Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer Position Involves the Following Responsibilities:
- Work closely with scrum team members to drive QA process through the entire SDLC
- Develop innovative testing solutions, automated test frameworks and test suites to meet business needs with respect to functionality, reliability, realistic schedules and adherence to testing goals and principles
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Developers to build in appropriate levels of quality
- Create test plans and test cases based on user stories
- Provide realistic testing estimates to ensure appropriate timelines and delivery to production
- Execute test cases and identify and communicate defects and risks
- Participate in team scrum and sprint development cycles
- Mentor junior QA Engineers
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Working knowledge of designing and implementing automation frameworks
- 7+ years of experience in QA and applications testing
- Current hands-on experience and solid background with one of the following test automation tools: HP QTP/UFT, Python, or Selenium.
- Experience with QA processes and methodologies, particular black box testing and testing of Java and Perl applications
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Practical SQL skills
- Experience with testing REST-based APIs and Services
- Comfortable operating in Linux and Unix environments (basic commands, running scripts, but not necessarily coding)
email us directly to: resumes@GreatBayStaffing.com