Location: Watertown, NY
- Salary, Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs etc.
- Day Shift
- This is direct hire role
- The position will oversee labor and delivery and collaborate with the Director of Women and Children's Services who manages the mother-baby unit including, antepartum care, lactation services, perinatal education, pediatric unit and a Level II Special Care Nursery.
- The Nurse Manager Labor and Delivery will function as a mentor and key resource for Labor & Delivery, C-Section OR and PACU.
- This leader will also work closely with the Maternal Child Clinical Nurse Specialist to develop continuing education programs, performance improvement evaluations, and satisfaction reports.
- The Nurse Manager Labor and Delivery is a first line manager for a specified geographic nursing unit/service, its patient population and assigned staff.
- S/he assumes 24-hour responsibility and accountability for all patient care activities, unit operation, and staff function.
- Ensures that quality nursing/patient care is delivered to all patients on his/her unit/service in accordance with established hospital standards, nursing division/unit structure, process and outcome standards, regulatory and accreditation requirements and the philosophy, goals, and objectives, and mission of the hospital and nursing division.
- Assumes responsibility for the development coordinator and implementation of the Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Program in respective dept.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the clinical area relevant to unit/service patient population, including proven experience/expertise in a management area.
- BSN, Masters in nursing preferred.
- NY State RN license in good standing.
- BLS required.