Location: Hyattsville, MD
- Salary in the $125,000 range.
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs.
- This client is a mid-size company works with very interesting technology on behalf of clients involved in space, defense, commercial, homeland security, etc.
- This is direct hire role.
This Position Involves the Following :
- Perform wireless system development on software defined radio (SDR) platforms using the GNU Radio platform. Specific responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Designing, analyzing, modeling, and simulating signal processing algorithms for wireless system applications, including communications, signals collection, RF geolocation and electronic attack.
- Implementing, debugging and testing wireless application prototypes on third-party software-defined radio (SDR) platforms using GNU Radio.
- Writing design documents, simulation reports, and system documentation.
- Participating in technical business development activities, including meeting with prospective customers, developing technical concept studies, and contributing to new business proposals.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Established record of design and implementation of wireless systems and/or subsystems.
- Strong GNU Radio implementation knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrated implementation skills on SDR platforms, and experience in prototype development.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other team members and lead small teams.
- Working knowledge of current technology standards for local- and wide-area wireless systems (LTE, WiFi, etc.).
- security clearance, or the ability to apply for one