Location: Sunnyvale, CA
- Salary in the $110,000 range
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs. Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays, 401k etc.
- This is direct hire role.
This position will give candidates the rare opportunity to make a difference, experience genuine respect from your colleagues and peers, and feel valued and supported. Friendly, caring, intelligent people thrive here and create a spirit of community that enriches the personal and professional lives of all of us. We work to create an environment that fosters excellence and encourages employees to contribute, learn, and grow throughout their career.
Newly created position due to growth. The company is privately held and has been in business over 20 years and operates in 6 countries. They have a long history of providing its employees with personal growth opportunities and professional development, as well as promoting qualified employees into new opportunities.
This Position Involves the Following:
- Business process analysis and re-engineering, utilizing an understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment, in support of strategic initiatives.
- Developing and analyzing project functional requirements, test plans, and test scripts and evaluating test results to determine compliance with test plans and established business processes.
- Leading the requirements development for applying technology to satisfy business needs. Analyzing user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations
- Developing test scenarios and test cases, and testing activities necessary to assess the quality and completion of system implementations. Record and contribute to performance and testing where needed for projects.
- Performing industry research to clarify, define, or satisfy technology or business process issues
- Defining and documenting internal and external user interfaces and support system and data requirement clarification and definition.
- Developing wire frames, workflows, use case diagrams, flowcharts, and other analysis-type documentation.
- Collecting and analyzing project business requirements and transfer the same knowledge to the development team.
- Creating and updating high-level technical documents outlining an architecture that aligns with business processes.
- Effectively communicating relevant information to company management.
- Balancing technology and business issues as well as communicating appropriately with both technology and business experts.
- Outlining and administering training on systems when needed and making sure training needs for new projects are available.
- Consulting with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
- Setting and continuously managing customer expectations to ensure clarity of communication.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- At least 5 years’ experience professional experience as an IT Business Analyst documenting business processes or analyzing system or business processes, including experience with cross platform digital projects (desktop, tablet, mobile) and financial systems.
- Complete working understanding software development lifecycles (SDLC).
- Solid understanding of a business as a whole and how business processes affect the company’s ability to achieve objectives.
- An expert in the entire life cycle and are skillful in partnering with business owners to analyze and re-engineer business processes, document them, and participate in creating new ones.
- Experience developing wire frames, workflows, use case diagrams, flowcharts, and other analysis-type documentation.
- Strong understanding of fundamental project management principles.
- Possess a strong understanding of web-based application delivery, including infrastructure and technical aspects of IT (i.e., data structures, etc.).
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner across functional and technical departments.
- Extensive knowledge of the development of web-based applications required.
- Desire to be part of a well-respected, collaborative, and committed and focused IT team in a company that is making a positive difference in the world
- MS Dynamics AX experience preferred