Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Salary in the $145,000 range + bonus potential.
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs.
- Well-regarded financial firm in suburban Philadelphia
- Relocation Assistance.
- This is direct hire role.
This Position Involves the Following :
Very successful, privately-held financial services firm in suburban Philadelphia is seeking Quants to join the team. These openings are more research-intensive than they are Developer roles. Preference is for candidates with Physics/Math or EE background as opposed to Economics/Finance/Comp Sci. You will be developing, testing and implementing highly complex pricing models and technical tools that are the roadmap for the firm's daily trading activities. You will participate in back-testing, where you will evaluate changes in market activity and differences in real-world behavior and then and utilize this knowledge to continually recalibrate and improve models and analytics.
Your role will involve practical application of your strong mathematical skills, in areas such as probability and statistics, stochastic processes, numerical analysis and optimization, to real-time opportunities within the markets. You will be working side by side with traders and peers across various lines of business and technical teams to support projects that will span big data analysis, performance evaluation/optimization, and strategy development among others. Your research and analysis is essentially driven by the needs of the business and often directly impacts the firm’s bottom line.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Ph.D. in mathematics, physics, statistics, electrical engineering or related discipline.
- 2+ years of professional and/or academic experience in model development, big data analysis and/or quantitative research.
- Strong programming skills in C++ and Matlab or Python.
- Experience in OOP, VB and Excel is a plus.
- A working knowledge of derivatives pricing theory is desirable.
- Experience in data and time series analysis strongly preferred.
- Securities industry experience a plus but not required.
You can email us directly to: resumes at GreatBayStaffing.com