Location: Greensboro, NC
- Salary in the $95,000 range
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs etc.
- This is direct hire role
Client is a dynamic, technologically sophisticated financial services client is looking for a Sr. Linux/UNIX engineer to join their team.
This Position Involves the Following Responsibilities:
Senior-level Linux and UNIX Engineer with multi-architecture experience to build, support and maintain the server infrastructure environment.
- Server Operating System - design and implementation of Linux and UNIX Server platforms
- Establish and implement standards – devise and maintain server build process, firmware revisions, driver versions, etc
- Collaborate with IT Security to establish and implement RHEL and AIX hardening standards
- Support Server Virtualization – research, design, test, implement, maintain, and upgrade VMware virtualization solution
- Infrastructure Management Tools – help integrate RHEL and AIX servers into existing management tools ( SCOM, SCCM, Symantec AV)
- Responsible for security patch validation
- Server Contingency Design & Testing - contribute to DR/BCP efforts
- Test upgrades of all server components - hardware, O/S, drivers, firmware, patches, etc
- Third Level production support
- Audit & Compliance - test and implement security settings to ensure server compliance with security and audit requirements; familiarity with industry standards such as NIST, ISO, CIS, PCI , and FFIEC very helpful
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Extensive experience with RHEL 5.x, 6.x, 7.x
- Experience with AIX 5.x, 6.x, 7.x on POWER architecture
- 7+ years experience with Linux and UNIX Server installation, configuration, and support
- Experience installing, administering, and troubleshooting software and hardware in large production environments (24x7)
- Experience with VMware virtualization including VLANs and virtual networking
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012
- Knowledge of HP Proliant DL and BL server family
- Knowledge of EMC Symmetrix VMAX storage solutions
- Knowledge of Cisco MDS and Brocade fabrics
- Experience with LDAP/Active Directory
- Knowledge of EMC Avamar & Data Domain
You can email us directly to: resumes at GreatBayStaffing.com