- Salary in the $140,000 range + bonus potential.
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs.
- Relocation Assistance.
- This is direct hire role.
This Position Involves the Following :
The Network Architect is responsible for providing leadership and oversights for data networking services, voice and messaging services, firewalls, and intrusion prevention services. Responsible for configuration, operation, and administration of data centers, server hardware, operating systems, and communications infrastructure. Supervision, direction, and mentoring of the network team.
- Oversee network operations and ensure it aligns with the business objectives of the organization
- Plan, coordinate, direct and design all operational activities of the network team, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance business operations
- Implements and maintains bridges, routers, gateways, remote access servers, domain servers, security firewalls, application and device servers and Internet or Intranet devices and connections
- Designs, configures, monitors and optimizes local and wide area networks and printers for optimal performance, maximum availability, minimal maintenance, and reasonable costs
- Performs preventative and fault isolation maintenance on the local and wide area networks
- Designs, configures, maintains and manages network security features for local and wide area networks
- Configures, monitors, and maintains anti-virus programs to insure network and systems integrity
- Works with network engineers to integrate voice, data and video applications on the local and wide area networks
- Analyzes, recommends, and evaluates new hardware, software, and communications products for network compatibility and applicability
- Develops, maintains and updates a library of technical documentation
- Works with cross-functional teams in the design and implementation of information technology and assists in the training of other information systems personnel to improve their technical skills
- Assists director with development of systems standards, short and long term goals, project management, and strategic directions
- Keeps current on new developments and techniques in information technology
Location: Rockville, MD
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- 10+ years of related work experience along with CCIE, CCDP, CCSP, MCSE, and VCP5 certifications preferred
- 5+ years of supervisory or management experience in a technical environment
- 7+ years’ experience with the design, installation, and administration of Microsoft product environments – AD, Exchange, SQL, OS, Cisco switching, routing, UC, VMware
- Network Intrusion Prevention, Host Intrusion Prevention, Web Proxy, DDOS, Firewalls, Wired and Wireless Security, and Security Controls Policy Enforcement
- 7+ years of hands-on technical support with firewall and switch configuration, server hardware troubleshooting, UC, VLAN configuration and support
- Experienced with designing and relocating data centers, WAN optimization, DRP/BCP, along with the full suite of Microsoft products
- Experience in monitoring and managing the detection and prevention of host-based intrusion, data loss, malware as well as vulnerability scanning solutions, DDOS protection, security event and information management, host-based integrity checking, end-point security, etc.
- Strong project management and staff mentoring skills and experience
- Strong analytical skills and effective interpersonal and communication skills to interact with a wide range of users having different levels of computer expertise
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected including the ability to multi-task and work productively in a demanding technical environment with changing priorities
email us directly to: resumes@GreatBayStaffing.com