Our client (the “Bank”), is a leader in the home improvement and renewable energy lending industry, provides financing solutions, on a national basis, to consumers through a network of over 7,000 contractors, and referral partnerships. The Bank is rapidly expanding, experiencing to date 90% growth in consumer loan origination year-over-year, and has over 150 employees in office locations in Boston, MA, Providence, RI, and San Francisco, CA. The Bank seeks a visionary leader, a VP / Director of Mortgage Lending.
- Significant salary plus bonus, total OTE should be $300-400K
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs etc.
- This is direct hire role.
Location: Providence, RI
This position is charged with leading the Bank’s national Residential Home Mortgage, and Home Improvement (collectively, “Loans”) lending lines of business, including retail loan origination; correspondent loan origination; loan processing, underwriting, and closing; and secondary market teams. You will have direct responsibility for creating and executing strategies to achieve Residential Home Mortgage and Home Improvement loan origination, revenue and profitability goals. This position report to the Head of Lending. This department is 35 people in total with three direct reports; Loan Origination Manager, Loan Processing and Underwriting Manager, and the Loan Closing Manager.
- Develop and implement lending objectives, policies and procedures to get the most out of Loan production.
- Motivate the Loan origination team to attain Loan production goals.
- Make sure that the Loan origination team is offering Loans at appropriate rates, amounts and terms that comply with the Bank’s guidelines.
- Ensures compliance of Loan originations are in line with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Manage the Loan Pipeline and ensure that forecasts are accurate and that service level standards are being achieved.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to successfully promote Loan products through the Bank’s retail contractor referral, and correspondent lending network.
- Connects with internal business partners to grow loan volumes and service levels.
- Recruit, qualifying and interview candidates to serve as self-source Mortgage Loan Officers.
- Manages the Loan origination, processing, closing, underwriting, funding, and secondary market functions for all Loan product lines.
- Identifies, develops and implements product, underwriting, and delivery channels related to Loan programs.
- Responsible for financial performance, customer satisfaction, and ensures that team members follow Bank policies, procedures, objectives and practices.
- Leads a productive and innovative team environment, making sure personnel are trained in their job functions.
- In partnership with the Head of Lending, generate Credit Policies relative to Residential Home Mortgage, and Home Improvement Lending.
- Work with the Loan Servicing and IT Department to create and maintain needed loan origination systems.
- Work with the Credit Administration, Loan Servicing, and Compliance Departments to make sure all departmental operations are in conformance with regulatory requirements.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Must have at least 10+ years mortgage lending experience, with a progressive upward movement into management responsibilities.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of Federal and State regulatory policies and procedures, FNMA, FHLMC, and Government lending guidelines;
- Must have expert knowledge on all mortgage lending regulations including, but not limited to: TRID, RESPA/TILA, ECOA, and SAFE Act.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and proven track record in building and managing a large scale production operation and delegate effectively.
- Must have a demonstrated relationship building and mortgage sales experience.
- Must be able to effectively interface with senior management.
email us directly to: resumes@GreatBayStaffing.com