We have a strong client relationship, many placements. The successful candidate must be eligible to obtain a sensitive clearance – Position of Public Trust – and may be required to obtain a higher security clearance
- Salary in the $125,000 range + bonus potential.
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs.
- Local candidates preferred.
- Client will consider a non-local candidate only if they have very strong ties to the position location and are committed to moving.
- This is direct hire role.
Location: Herndon VA
This Penetration Tester Position Involves the Following Responsibilities:
The Penetration Tester will work with the Vulnerability Assessment team on penetration test efforts. Contribute to developing and implementing tools for analysis/detection and early warning of weaknesses or possible incidents building on methodologies as promulgated by NIST, ISO, etc. to ensure useful, measurable, and repeatable methods applied to quantifying risk.
- Support monitoring, testing, and troubleshooting of cybersecurity issues.
- Select, install, and configure, security testing platforms and tools or develop tools and procedures for vulnerability assessments and penetration tests.
- Contribute to application of FISMA compliance mechanisms, including NIST SP 800 series, with the addition of sound methodologies in lieu of weakly-defined and subjective scores.
- Perform vulnerability assessments using automated tools (Metasploit, Nmap, Nessus, Burp Suite, etc.)
- Experience with DISA STIGs or similar secure configuration guidelines.
- Perform manual penetration tests and validation of vulnerability scan results.
- Develop automation/scripts for replicating vulnerability validation and penetration tests.
- Devise plans and scenarios for various types of penetration tests.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- 5 years of network or system security
- 3 years of penetration test experience
- Hands-on OS configuration/administration experience
- Programming experience with focus on penetration testing or process automation
- Experience with large organization networks
- Experience with regulatory compliance, policy development, and policy enforcement
Nice to Have:
- WiFi and Bluetooth technologies
- Printer and VoIP integration and vulnerabilities
email us directly to: resumes@GreatBayStaffing.com